It all started in 1957 with Swen Bowman Electric Ltd. Swen was devoted to providing the community with quality electrical services. With Swen’s retirement In 1972, his son, Roger Bowman, carried on the family tradition. In 1981, Gregg Bowman became the estimator/project manager and eventually general manager in 1989.
In 1996, Gregg Bowman purchased the company, and in December 1997, Bowman Electric moved into their current location on Railway Street. Bowman Electric has continued to move forward within the industry and currently maintains a year-round staff of 15 full-time employees. Through its continued strides to improve the local electrical industry, Bowman Electric has continued to train the youth of our community. Our apprenticeship training program produces some of the top electricians in our area, and we are honored to be recipients of several apprenticeship training awards through the Province of Ontario.